GML offers the following billing options:
1. Contracted Client Billing
GML clients will receive monthly itemized invoices for services provided.
To avoid errors in billing, request sheets must be properly filled out
with complete patient demographic and client information.
- 2. Patient Billing
GML can bill the patient directly if complete billing information is provided on the test requisition form at the time the specimen is submitted. If you have arranged for GML to bill directly, please advise the patient to expect a bill from Geisinger Medical Laboratories.
On the test requisition form please include:
- Patient's full name
- Patient's current address
- Patient's current telephone number
- If appropriate, guardian's (responsible party's) full name, address
and phone number
- 3. Insurance (Third Party) Billing
- When possible, GML will bill the patient's insurance company directly. Here is a list of the insurances that GML accepts. Here is a list of the information we require for various insurance providers.
Online laboratory billing reference information:
Medicare National Coverage Determination (NCD) - CMS Website: This is a resource to determine which diagnosis codes are considered medically necessary for Medicare. Many carriers follow Medicare's guidelines for medical necessity. Clients are advised to check the site at least quarterly for updates and changes in policy.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of our billing team:
Billing Team Leader: Diane M. Shulski - 570 214 9428
Revenue Management Practice Consultant: Heather Morgan 570 271 5555 x53606
Contract Billing Specialist: 570 271 5918
Business Services Coordinators (Registration): 570 214 5032 or 570 214 5079
Geisinger Medical Laboratories Toll-Free: 1 800 695 6491